AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation
Everyone likes to scuba dive or snorkel in warm, clear water on a vibrant coral reef, yet many people know little about what they’re seeing or the importance of reef ecosystems. The AWARE - Coral Reef Conservation Specialty course helps you appreciate the complexity of these habitats and teaches you how you can help conserve these vital systems.
Anyone who has an interest in the aquatic world can take this course. There are no prerequisites or age restrictions and no water sessions are required to earn this non-diving certification.
What you learn
Through classroom discussions, you learn:
- How coral reefs function and the complex nature of life on a reef
- Why coral reefs are so important
- Why many coral reefs are in serious trouble
- What you can do to prevent further decline
- How Project AWARE unites divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference
The PADI AWARE Specialty consists of two dives. Should you be already a certified AOWD Diver, your AWARE-Adventure Dive can be acknowledged by us and you can complete this Specialty faster. Please contact our Dive Instructors for your personal schedule.